As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
Anxiety is relentless. Here are some of the best Soul Balm Approved links to help you quiet that monkey mind and live your best life despite anxiety <3
- List of the 5 Major Types of Anxiety – The department of Health and Human services provides a solid list of the 5 major anxiety types with links to descriptions of each type.
- 11 Sneaky Symptoms of Anxiety – Did you know there are tons of less obvious signs of anxiety? Psychologist Julia Kristina goes through 11 of these symptoms including perfectionism, frantic multi-tasking, avoidance and procrastination.
- The Allostatic Load – Find out what chronic stress and anxiety can do to your life when your Allostatic load (a physical biomarker of “wear and tear” on your body) is too high and how to lower it.
- Cognitive Distortions Explained – Psych Central does an awesome job of breaking down the 15 most common cognitive distortions that lead to anxiety and depression.
- The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook – No insurance? Not sure where to start with treatment? No problem -for the low low price of $4 on Amazon comes the Anxiety and Phobia workbook, an excellent activity book which familiarizes you with all things anxiety related and provides you with practical exercises to lighten your load.
- Rethinking Fear TED Talk – Dawn Huebner goes through the major tenants of Exposure Response Prevention Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, explaining how reassurance is your enemy and fear is actually your friend. It’s a great bit of perspective and wonderful introduction to ERP, which is a life saver for many with Anxiety Disorders.
- Calm App – This is my most favorite mindfulness app out there with beautifully curated sounds, sleep songs, mediations and lessons to help with anxiety. It’s also not the only one! Headspace , Insight Timer and 10% Happier are all apps that provide you with a chance to challenge anxiety with mindfulness.
- Sanvello App (Formerly Pacifica) – This great free app provides a variety of CBT activities to help you understand and challenge cognitive distortions. It also has community boards and does an excellent job of helping you track your mood.
- The Mighty – The Mighty is a site (and app) where you can get support and inspiration from peers who are going through the same thing as you. I’ve listed the specific anxiety community board here, but there are over 600 different boards to choose from ranging from disabilities, to autism, to any other issue you can think of.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America Support Groups – you can search this nationwide database for Anxiety specific support groups in your area.
- Personal Stories from A Lust For Life.com – nothing carries more power to connect and inspire us than the sharing of a personal story. On a Lust for Life.com, you can find such stories as well as a brilliant digital art gallery called “When Words Fail” and a bevy of articles on diet, nutrition, and exercises for people trying to live well with mental illness.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.