As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
What we believe:
At MSB we believe:
- That mental health and wellness content should be inclusive to all experiences
- That stories have the power to change people’s lives
- That education on mental health issues is paramount to creating a better, more just society for all (check out our Racial Justice and Mental Health Homepage here)
So we create and curate content that reflects those beliefs. Our advice is relatable, easy to action, and tailored for those who routinely struggle with symptoms of mental illness.
At MSB, we’re not big fans of hustle culture. We’re not going to tell you to just go do yoga (though we are big fans of yoga). And we’re definitely not going to disregard the fact that mental illness makes “normal” things 10X harder than they should be.
What we do is accept the limitations our mental illness put on us at any given moment. And we give advice accordingly.
What MSB has to offer:
- Wellness content tailored to your experience: self care guides relatable relationship advice, and family psychoeducation.
- Easy to understand legal guides: to help you navigate inpatient stays, involuntary commitments and outpatient mental health care.
- Curated content from peers who have been in your shoes (or in this case, hospital socks): Inspiring Stories from people living well with mental health issues.
- Support from an entire community of mental health warriors: Our Pinterest gathers mental health resources from all walks of life. And our Social Media communities connect you with like minded survivors at all different stages of their mental health journey.
And if that’s a lot – no worries! We’ve got a great “Get Started” guide to help you navigate to the best parts of our site right down below:
Learn: Read The Blog
Inspire: Tell Your Soul Story
Connect: Join our Social Media Communities
A Wellness Revolution: Our Why
“After a severe burnout, I started to look for wellness content that affirmed my unique experiences as a mental health patient. Turns out, there wasn’t a lot. So I decided to make my own Soul Balm and share it with others.”-Maria M. Black, Author and Advocate
We’re so passionate about making Mental Health and Wellness content more relatable because we’ve been there.
You see, for most of my life, I’ve struggled with Anxiety, OCD, Depression and PTSD. I often looked to wellness content to help soothe my pain.
But a lot of that content ended up being more harmful than helpful. In my darkest times, I subscribed to Hustle Culture to get me through. It worked for a little while, but in the end I found myself completely burned out.
After my burnout I started to look for wellness content online that considered my experiences as a mental health patient.
Turns out, there wasn’t a lot.
So I decided to make my own Soul Balm and share it with others. My hope is that you’ll join our Wellness Revolution by making steady, sustainable, and hopeful changes based on our content.
Maria Morran Black
***Disclaimer**** – I am not a doctor. I am a layman and do not claim to treat any medical or mental illness. I am simply providing information to help people navigate their illness. Any and all material listed on this site are source and will be linked to their original content creators.
If you are experiencing a medical or mental health crises, please call 911 or your local 211 immediately to receive help.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.